Telerehabilitation (telerehab) ensures injured workers have access to quality care, no matter where they are located.
Telerehab is the clinical application of consultative, preventative, diagnostic, and therapeutic services via synchronous communication – two-way interaction between the injured worker and a Provider. This allows Providers the flexibility to provide quality care at a distance, especially synchronous communication (two-way interaction).
Bardavon utilizes a predictive analytics algorithm that identifies the injuries and individuals that are best suited for telerehab treatments.
Benefits to using telerehab in Workers’ Compensation (WC) care include the following.
- Place injured associates in the most appropriate clinical pathway—traditional in-clinic therapy or telerehab
- Continued access to rich, clinical data, and objective outcomes consistent with Bardavon’s mission
- Maintain access to therapy for appropriate injured associates during this time of social distancing
- Utilize therapy in cases where surgery may be deferred
- Ensure stability by maintaining existing rates, aligned to state fee schedules
- Ensure quality care continues to be provided to injured workers (current patients)
- Ability to accept new injured worker referrals
- Continued support from the Clinical Consulting team
- Ability to treat injured workers located outside a reasonable driving distance or in rural communities
- Ensure a continuum of care through the entire treatment program
- Provide quality intervention for cases where surgery may be deferred